Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Lady of the House

So chic. I just love vintage fashion ads. I think it's because I secretly {okay, not so secretly} believe I was meant to live in another fashion era. I feel as though I was just born about 30 years too late. I would have loved to grow up in the '60s and '70s. Granted, there were many a tryin' time during the years but the fashion just fits me to a tee. I love the chicness and modernity of the '60s and the hippie bohemian look of the '70s. My mom was quite the fashion girl {and she grew up during this time frame} and has looks that were to die for. I hope to scan some of her photos one of these days. What kills me is that she didn't think to save most of them!!!! And almost all of them were handmade by either she or my grandmother. How fantastic is that?!
{The ever so beautiful Jean Shrimpton}


On another note....I am just not feeling the inspiration these days. I have a hunch this is a result of all the crap I've been dealing with in real life and it's translating into nothingness in my bloggie life. Anyone have any ideas to get me back on track? I feel like I'm starting to lose who I am, what I love and I'm just posting things to post things rather than post because I love what I'm posting. I almost want to start using this as a daily journal {but then I remember most of you won't want to hear about my sad little musings and my endless complaints : ) }

Anyhoo...enough of my ramblings. Have a fabulous hump day tomorrow : )

{Photos 1 & 2}

1 comment:

Anna said...

Love love love those pics!!