Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bueller.....Bueller.....

Today the world has lost another great talent. The amazing writer and director John Hughes has passed away at the young age of 59 from an apparent heart attack. Hughes was THE man of the 80s and early 90s with films like The Breakfast Club {my all time number 1 favorite}, 16 Candles, National Lampoon's Vacation, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Uncle Buck, and Home Alone. John Hughes is the definition of the 80s for me and introduced me to most of my top ten favorite movies list. Such an unfortunate loss.


Read more about the writer/director and his passing here
More about his life and accomplishments here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:(

http://fasteddiesretrorags.blogspot.com/2009/08/some-kind-of-wonderful.html

Anonymous said...

I love uncle buck!!! and of course home alone and national lampoons. he sure knew how to pick his characters. macaulay culkin and chevy chase and molly ringwald. dang. um confession: I've never seen all of 16 candles or the breakfast club. and I've never seen fbdo at all.

oops I better get to it. jh would be proud <3